I’ve been in the Houston area for two weeks. I’ve noticed a few differences between it and Jacksonville.
- Jack in the Box. They serve breakfast all day long. Can you hear me now, McDonalds?
- Fry’s Electronics. Best Buy, Radio Shack, and HH Gregg dumped into a Costco building with Walmart prices (not to mention it looks like the International Space Station inside. Seriously.)
- More comics stores AND more game stores.
- It’s cooler. The temperature, I mean. Just a little bit.
- They take hurricanes seriously. Stop being apathetic, Jacksonville.
- Guns. Lots of ’em.
- A renaissance fair that isn’t over a hundred miles away. And it runs for eight weekends!
- My girlfriend lives in the Houston area. Schwing!
- I ALSO live here now! What can I say? I’m biased.